Miami Favorites: Experiences


Zoo Miami: One of the more fun things I've done in the 305, Zoo Miami has a bunch of amazing animals and some fantastic experiences, like camel and giraffe feeding stations. Be prepared for LOTS of walking, because the Zoo is positively enormous. G and I were totally unprepared and by the end of the park were dying for both water and to get off of our feet. If I were going to do it again, I'd break it into two trips so that I wasn't totally exhausted by the end of it.


Venetian Pool: Looking for a relaxing day under the palms? Look no further than the Venetian Pool. Built out of an old quarry, this Italian-style swimming pool is lagoon-style and features a waterfall, a sandy area to set up a towel or lounge chairs and a walking path that takes you straight to the top of the waterfall. I'll take this over South Beach any day.


Vizcaya Museum and Gardens: Built in the 1910's by John Deering, this estate features some of the most incredible antiques and beautiful works of art you'll see in Miami. The entire house is built around a courtyard and the gardens are so beautiful, you'll actually feel like you landed in an Italian villa. It's what I imagine Jay Gatsby's house to look like if he set up shop in Coconut Grove.


Coconut Grove: It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! Quiet, beachy and laid-back, Coconut Grove is one of my favorite Miami spots... good thing, too, because this is where I've made my home! The Saturday farmer's market is something really special, but you can partake in any of their fantastic shops or delicious restaurants any day of the week. 


Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden: Located in South Miami, this huge property sports plants from all over the world. If you or someone you know is a lover of all things green, this is a must-see. My and my dad's favorite spot had to be the orchid garden. It's perfect for a lazy Sunday stroll, and lots of people even make this their wedding venue! 


Wynwood: Hipsters, art-lovers, locals and tourists alike make Wynwood their spot. Once an up-and-coming neighborhood, it's my personal opinion that Wynwood has officially landed as THE hottest neighborhood in Miami. Gastropubs, breweries, eclectic shops and juice bars hide among the murals splashed on literally every wall (and sidewalk). It's a true feast for the eyes that will make any Miami-hater a true believer in the cultural impact Miami has around the globe. We're no longer just the city of night clubs and party-goers... but we're still one of the tops for that, too. ;)



Comments

Popular Posts