Seasonal Shifts Mean Style Shifts

Miami, fashion blog, style blog, capsule collection, capsule blogger, minimalism, outfit ideas, reversible tote, Nordstrom, DVF, Target, Nordstrom Rack, Gap

Have you ever gotten to a point where you just feel... uninspired?

Like you've done something for so long that you just need to see who you are without it? That's the place I got to with my blog this past month. I was tired of doing nothing but take outfit photos with no real foundation of thought or purpose behind it other than "here's what I'm wearing, here's where I bought it". It just felt materialistic and utterly dull.


Miami, fashion blog, style blog, capsule collection, capsule blogger, minimalism, outfit ideas, reversible tote, Nordstrom, DVF, Target, Nordstrom Rack, Gap

Miami, fashion blog, style blog, capsule collection, capsule blogger, minimalism, outfit ideas, reversible tote, Nordstrom, DVF, Target, Nordstrom Rack, Gap

As I mentioned earlier this year, I did a complete overall of my wardrobe and started a capsule collection. One collection per season with pieces that transition over every season. I've been keeping it to 50 items or under. Now that my wardrobe has been overhauled, it was time for my blog to experience a makeover as well. I need something less focused on the latest thing and more on the pieces that make me feel like... well... me. This blog should be an extension of that transition. I'm older, wiser and better dressed than I was at 23. I want to show (and tell) you how I got there.

Miami, fashion blog, style blog, capsule collection, capsule blogger, minimalism, outfit ideas, reversible tote, Nordstrom, DVF, Target, Nordstrom Rack, Gap

Miami, fashion blog, style blog, capsule collection, capsule blogger, minimalism, outfit ideas, reversible tote, Nordstrom, DVF, Target, Nordstrom Rack, Gap

Miami, fashion blog, style blog, capsule collection, capsule blogger, minimalism, outfit ideas, reversible tote, Nordstrom, DVF, Target, Nordstrom Rack, Gap

Miami, fashion blog, style blog, capsule collection, capsule blogger, minimalism, outfit ideas, reversible tote, Nordstrom, DVF, Target, Nordstrom Rack, Gap

So here it is, "The Luxe Lion" 2.0. A more introspective blog based on meaningful purchases and experiences, rather than fast fashion and "of the moment" looks. Does this mean you'll never see a trend? No. But you won't see as many.

Miami, fashion blog, style blog, capsule collection, capsule blogger, minimalism, outfit ideas, reversible tote, Nordstrom, DVF, Target, Nordstrom Rack, Gap

Miami, fashion blog, style blog, capsule collection, capsule blogger, minimalism, outfit ideas, reversible tote, Nordstrom, DVF, Target, Nordstrom Rack, Gap

Miami, fashion blog, style blog, capsule collection, capsule blogger, minimalism, outfit ideas, reversible tote, Nordstrom, DVF, Target, Nordstrom Rack, Gap

So for my first "meaningful purchases" style post let me introduce this fabulous bag I bought at Thrifter Market in Wynwood. It's a reversible shopper, so I can choose either brown or black depending on the look, and it comes with a detachable coin purse. This bag has become my daily work bag thanks to its versatility and size. I can carry anything I need to bring to the office in it.

I also got to meet an awesome vendor, Vintedge Life. Founded almost a year ago by Beatriz Japson, Vintedge Life is an exclusively online boutique that also travels to markets around the country to introduce their brand to hungry fashionistas everywhere. In a world filled with fast fashion shops like Forever 21, it's awesome to see vintage sites breathing life into women's wardrobes everywhere. Bea told me that she loves that she gets to travel thanks to her online shop, and her inspiration came from her own and her mother's closets. Some pieces she'll leave her own personal touch on... a rip here and a stitch there. No matter what, every piece is unique (P.S. this DVF babydoll dress is incredible). I can get behind that 100%, because a boring and unoriginal closet leads to that awful thought...

I have nothing to wear.

Style Notes and Outfit Details

Reversible Tote (similar) // All of the reasons I listed for loving this bag stand. It morphs into two bags and I can wear it with everything I go to work in. Plus it comes with a "coin purse" that I can stash my iPhone screen-scratching keys in. Check, check, check!

Sweater from Nordstrom Rack (similar) // Basic, classic and totally versatile. This sweater is light enough for Miami and completely comfortable for every day.

Shorts from Gap // These babies transitioned over from my summer capsule. In the land of eternal summer, a great pair of classic shorts are an absolute must. They'll never come out of the rotation.

Boots from Target (similar) // Since I pulled out my fall capsule, I've been living in booties. I'm not even a little sorry, booties are my new go-to instead of my arch-killing high heels. Someday soon you'll get another post with the stilettos, but for now I'm loving the flats and boots.

Sunglasses from Nordstrom (similar) // My accessories are the only thing that stick around through every capsule, because they're a wardrobe add-on. These are my only cat-eyed sunnies and I love them. They're feminine, demure and retro. Perfect for an otherwise ultra-basic look.

Comments

  1. So cute! Happy Monday :D

    http://www.aloveaffairblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sofia! Hope you had a great Monday, too. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts