Tackling the Tropical Fall Wardrobe

Blue Planet Eyewear, forever 21, Free People, nordstrom, gap, outfit ideas, fall fashion, fall outfit ideas, fall looks, fashion blogger, style blogger, Miami fashion blogger, Miami blogger, ootd

The biggest challenge as an ex New Yorker living in Miami is not *really* getting a fall. It's about ten degrees cooler than the summer, which doesn't mean much in terms of shifting wardrobes. When I first told one of my close male friends, also a lover of the capsule closet, that I was creating four "seasonal" wardrobes... he said exactly what you think he'd say, "Do you really need to have four capsules in Miami?"

The answer is no, but that would never stop me.

Blue Planet Eyewear, forever 21, Free People, nordstrom, gap, outfit ideas, fall fashion, fall outfit ideas, fall looks, fashion blogger, style blogger, Miami fashion blogger, Miami blogger, ootd

My shifts mostly come in the form of color palette. Summer was lots of denim, white and light grays. Fall is definitely more army greens, reds and warm browns. Plus, you won't see an open toed shoe in this capsule. I can already tell that this is probably a mistake, but whatever. Live and learn, right?

Style Notes and Outfit Details

Sunglasses c/o Blue Planet Eyewear // These sunnies are both eco-friendly AND cool. What more could you ask for? If my outfit is lacking color, I slip these on for a little boost.

Top from Forever 21 // Yeah, sure, you can get these for around $2 a pop, but that doesn't stop them from being the most genius tees around. Sometimes price tag does not equal quality.
Pro tip: I usually buy these in a size large, even though I'm a small in everything else, because I like my tees to be loose and flowy... which these certainly are not in a small.

Shorts from Gap // My go-to weekend shorts for the last year and a half, I'm so glad I found them. They're cool and classic, which is a winning combination for any outfit, and I've found an unlimited number of ways to wear them (though, to be honest, I usually just wear them with a tee like you see here).

Boots from Dune London via Nordstrom Rack (similar) // When I wrote my shopping list for fall I did not include brown Chelsea boots on there. I actually had brown lace up boots (a la Pride and Prejudice's Elizabeth), but as soon as I saw these I knew they belonged in my wardrobe. So I ditched the lace ups in favor of this sleek pair... and I haven't regretted it yet. Thanks to the thick wooden heel, they're ridiculously comfortable, and they make the perfect addition to my fall capsule.

Bag from Free People (vegan, similar) // I bought this bag in Cambridge over Thanksgiving, marked down to $20 from $100, and it's been my ultimate shopping companion. I like my bags to be effortless and fuss-free when I'm shopping, so a walk down Lincoln road requires a bag that will hold up to that preference. It's also vegan, for all of my animal loving readers out there, so it's guilt-free!

Cuff from Nordstrom (similar) // I bought this cuff back in 2011... little did I know it would become one of my favorite costume pieces. I'm sure you've seen it on a hundred outfits on this blog, and that's how you know you've made a good purchase. It should still be able to work, not feel dated, and you should love it as much (if not more) than the day you bought it.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts