Best Things to Do in NYC During a Quick Trip


Hey Amanda, isn't there snow on the ground in this picture? Are people wearing coats? Isn't it currently JULY? 

Why yes, you're correct on all counts. 

That's because my life is insane, work is crazy (awesome) and the last thing on my mind has been blogging. Sorry about it... kind of. ;)

I'm back now, promise. I'm here with some travel tips too, because my travel bug has bitten REAL hard, and with an upcoming trip to the city that never sleeps I'm in the mood to talk about some must-sees. Also, it's #TravelTuesday and I must always be on hashtag theme. 

So... where did I go and what did I do during my three-day February (yes... February) trip?

Midtown

Yeah I'm basically summing that all up together. The New York Public Library, Grand Central and Bryant Park are all must-sees... and so is a walk up 5th and down Madison. Don't forget to stop in Central Park for a quick trip to the zoo. Ah, childhood memories.

Café Zaiya

I saw a fellow Instagrammer snap a shot of Café Zaiya's soft serve matcha and black sesame swirl ice cream and decided that if I did anything, I'd be eating that. I didn't even get out the door and down the block before I finished it (but I did manage to get a good gram out of it...).

Back Room

Once a speakeasy during the height of the Prohibition, this bar still serves their cocktails out of the classic teacups handed to patrons during the days when alcohol was band. The booze may no longer be taboo, but the serving style remains... and I couldn't get enough of it. It gets pretty nuts the later the night gets, so get there early if you want to beat the crowds.

Giovanni's Brooklyn Eats

Go. Here. For. Brunch. Seriously. Anything on this menu will satisfy you, and $15 will get you a first and second course while $19 will get you that AND unlimited Mimosas/Bloody Marys.

Wolf & Deer

Any lit-nerds dream, this bar serves literary-themed cocktails out of menus IN BOOKS. No kidding. My friends and I all sampled each others drinks, and not a single one disappointed. It's also in one of the cutest areas of Brooklyn, so if you're heading out to the "other" New York, I definitely recommend it for happy hour/any hour.

There you go! All of my recommendations for a short trip to the big city. Let me know in the comments if you've tried any of these places! I'm heading back in August, so if you have any recommendations I would love love love to hear them in the comments below. 

Comments

  1. It would not be wrong if we say it a useful information because it really is. The concept is clear after reading this article and i also choose the same idea for dissertation writing service
    to utilize my skills in effective way and provide others a very unique information. Data is useful and conveys your thoughts very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Article.
    Loved that photo of New York City.New York City.
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    Hope I will use that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts