Local Explorer: A Foodie in Miami

The Café at Books & Books, Coral Gables

Eating House, Coral Gables


The Local Craft Food & Drink, Coral Gables


Macondo Coffee Roasters, Doral

There's seriously no better place to be if you're a foodie than in a city. I can't say I was wanting for new places to try in Palm Beach County, but man, Miami makes that restaurant scene look like child's play.

When it comes to food, I really like going for the comfort factor. That's why my first two places on the list that I absolutely had to hit were The Local and Eating House. Eating House had more of a local-meets-international menu, G got tacos and I went for the shawarma. We obviously split an order of fries, both commenting on how awesome the spices they used on them were.

I visited The Local with one of my Miami friends, and it's definitely a place that specializes in good ol' American fare. I ordered an IPA from the shocked waiter ("We don't get a lot of women in here ordering IPAs.") and split an order of the beef jerky. For a main corse my friend got the fried chicken and I got the burger, which was awesomely juicy, cheesy and everything you want a burger to be. As it's name suggest, all of the ingredients in the restaurant are sourced locally.

I also stopped in the famous Miami indie bookstore, Books & Books, and grabbed a soup and some water for lunch. The food was incredibly delicious, something I didn't expect for a bookstore. The store also had ladders in the various rooms that reminded me of the opening sequence in Beauty and the Beast ("Daring sword fights, magic spells, a prince in disguise!").

I most recently visited Macondo Coffee Roasters. I asked for a mocha and they kindly obliged, despite it not being listed on the menu. It came out in an adorable cup or, as Lorelai Gilmore would call it, a coffee "bowl". Just look at the designs in the foam. Anyone that can do that has solidified themselves as a personal favorite of mine. Just saying.

I'll give you guys some more recommendations once I have more photos from my Miami adventures!

Comments

Popular Posts