Apartment DIY: Chevron Print Drawers

So if you're a typical reader of my blog, you know that I recently got an apartment! My move-in was recently, and I thought it would be fun to share my DIY projects with you. I obtained a lot of hand-me-down furniture from my grandmother, so I had to go about making it feel like my own. The first (and most crucial) item on the list was the dresser. The bottom of it was coated in grime and dust, so I needed to place a new bottom to them so that I could put my clothes in without worrying about them.

You will need:

-1 roll of wallpaper (I got mine at Target)
-1 pair of scissors
-1 magazine or newspaper
-1 pen or pencil
-any kind of tape


Apartment DIY, chevron print, dressers, Target, interior design, apartment style

Step One: Lay the newspaper/magazine pages at the bottom of your drawer to size, tape the pages together.
Step Two: Remove the paper and trace with a pen along the wallpaper. I had to trace the width, cut and then trace another strip.
Step Three: Peel the wallpaper from backing and carefully lay at the bottom of the dresser. Make sure that the wallpaper aligns if you're using multiple strips of wallpaper.

Apartment DIY, chevron print, dressers, Target, interior design, apartment style

Didn't it turn out lovely? This dresser had multiple drawer sizes, so I wound up having to use a lot of wallpaper for it. Now I can safely put my clothing in the drawers without worrying about them! 

I hope you like this DIY, I had a lot of fun working on it. Stay tuned for more posts like this (with better images, promise)!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It was remarkably easy! I'd definitely try it if your drawers need lining.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts