A Valentine's Day Gift for Him

OM4, beauty blogger, bblogger, organic beauty products, men's skincare, male beauty products, Valentine's Day gifts for him

It wasn't until my adult years (aka last year) that I really started paying attention to my skincare regimen. I'd always heard the "prevention is the best medicine" advice applied to skin, but it just seemed like so much work. That's why I can sympathize with men who are just a splash-water-and-go kind of guy.

Well, I'm here to help win hearts and change minds, ladies. OM4's male skincare line is a must-buy for your man this Valentine's Day.

OM4, beauty blogger, bblogger, organic beauty products, men's skincare, male beauty products, Valentine's Day gifts for him

Firstly, it's organic, which is a huge plus for me. I'm really grateful for the sheer number of organic products that are coming out these days, and it's so completely refreshing to see a brand take men's skincare to that level. 

When you go to their website you can shop the products by skin type. The ones pictured here are for normal skin; but they offer products for sensitive, oily or dry/mature skin, too. They even offer a custom option if your man's skin refuses to be defined by a category.

OM4, beauty blogger, bblogger, organic beauty products, men's skincare, male beauty products, Valentine's Day gifts for him

Does your guy travel for work? There are travel-sized options (like the ones pictured), too. Cool, refreshed and hydrated skin is achievable wherever they go! Now, I'm not one to recommend a product without testing it out myself... primarily because I'm a control freak.

The bottles are all labeled by steps, which is really helpful and makes the whole process far easier. Especially for a spaz like me that will tone after hydrating, or completely forget to altogether. So many women's products don't tell you right on the bottle when you should be using it, so you have to keep the packaging and reread it until you can remember when to use which products. It winds up being a big pain if you're a novice at skincare.  

OM4, beauty blogger, bblogger, organic beauty products, men's skincare, male beauty products, Valentine's Day gifts for him

Okay, so let's go through the steps before I obsess about the lip treatment and shaving cream (both incredible). 

Step 1: Microblended Bionutrient Face Wash - Also known as your cleansing step, it should always come first. The wash is creamy and smooth, which is always a huge plus in my book. Ingredients like raspberries and oats help to smooth skin texture and improve elasticity, while Oregon grapes help improve redness, dryness and conditions like eczema.

Step 2: Surface Refining pH Balancer -  This is your toning step, but the product can also be used after shaving (a huge plus to any man who understands how irritated your skin can be after shaving). Cool and refreshing, this product uses pomegranate, blueberries, Oregon grapes and witch hazel to calm skin irritation and redness, while also protecting against free radicals. 

Step 3: Age-Defying Antioxidant Serum - I think most of our men would look at this and ask themselves, "What the heck is a serum?" Your answer? A magic liquid that both calms irritated skin and protects against environmental damage. The normal formula uses red wine extract (and Oregon grapes once again) to reinforce the work the other products are doing. Consider it a one, two, punch to get amazing-looking skin.

Step 4: Environmental Defense Hydration Complex - I don't know about you, but moisturizer is always my favorite step. It's probably because that's when your skin feels the softest. This formula uses red wine extracts to calm irritation, safflower oil to nourish and firm, wild cherry to minimize fine lines and pores, and raspberry for an anti-irritant. Hello soft, incredible skin!

Okay, now for the other awesome products. Their Soothing Herbal Shaving Emulsion is just about the best shaving cream I've ever tried, and apparently it's one of their best sellers (no surprise there). You can really smell the soothing lavender as soon as you open the bottle, and the formula is so perfectly creamy and built to prevent red bumps and irritation. It's basically like a spa in a bottle. I've already stolen it from G and I'm not giving it back.

The other product I can't get enough of is their BaoBalm Lip Therapy. I'm a big lover of hydrating lip products, because my lips tend to get dry and awful for no apparent reason. Since my visit to Colorado I haven't been able to stop using this balm. The baobab oil, tea tree and peppermint make it both moisturizing and invigorating. Here's the best part, you can get it for free when you buy any of OM4's awesome products before 3/13/17!! Just use the code 'LUXEBALM17'.

So, it's official, men have no excuses not to take care of their skin... and we have zero excuses to steal their products from them. Isn't the perfect gift one that we can use, too? Go ahead, I give you permission.

A big thanks to OM4 for partnering with me on this post.

Comments

Popular Posts