NYFW AW17


This fashion week season I packed my bags and headed to NYC for the Yuna Yang and Christian Benner shows. What awaited me was a stark contract of pieces for the AW17 season. Leather, lace, velvet, florals and studs collided together in a mix of trends that was just my style. A little rock and roll, a little femme.

The mini trench above from the Yuna Yang show killed me. The floral white, blue and purple pattern screamed spring, but the fur took it instantly to winter, making it a piece I'd be dying to try when colder months come back around.


I'm really feeling trenches for autumn, and this leather number with fur trim was no exception. Classic with a twist, this trench is a must-have piece for fall.


Along with lace and metallics, all of the models were donning flats. It's a trend that continues to push into 2017, and makes comfort the priority over sky-high stilettos. I'm all for it. Oh and this dreamy velvet trench? Let me at it!


This look takes to heart what I've practiced for years. If your look is too boxy, you belt it. It gives shape to a big, bulky coat like this one above. I love that this belt had shimmer to it so there was a stark contrast.


This lace jacket was quite possibly one of my favorite pieces I saw on the runway. It's perfect for a Miami autumn. On-trend colors, lovely lace but still casual enough to wear whenever. It's feminine without being too fussy. 

All Yuna Yang images via New York Magazine

Finally this Jessica Rabbit number in velvet. Burgundy is a color that will always be on-trend in the fall, and this piece takes full advantage of the hue. I love the fact that this has a modest neckline and a high slit, keeping balance to the look and not making it too va-va-voom.



I'm going to have to apologize for the awful quality of the photos from the Christian Benner RTW17 show, but these jackets sing through the graininess. The spiked leather number is basically my dream jacket, and reminds me of Karen O's signature version. 

I'm also a big fan of the brown, white, paint-splatter and black and white versions from the first image. Oh, hell. Just give me any of them. I won't say no.

Which pieces are your favorite? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

  1. Love the burgundy gown and the black leather studded jacket. How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts