Sunfest 2014





I was lucky enough to score a free five-day pass to Sunfest this weekend, courtesy of a friend. As you can imagine, any other plans I might have had were dropped so that I could attend. This was my first year participating in festival fashion, and I have to say that I kind of loved it. 

The first night I went to see a couple country artists. Even though country isn't really my scene, I couldn't say no to free music and friend-time. The drizzly weather called for my new cross-backed shirt (will be worn in future posts), jeans and motorcycle boots. I grabbed my little sister's backpack to protect my wallet, keys and phone from the rain; it also allowed me to stay hands-free all evening.

Day two was perfection. The palm trees swayed in the slight breeze coming off of the Intracoastal, and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. After a week of rain, it was the kind of day we were all wishing for, but not expecting to actually get. Our line up was Streetlight Manifesto, Dropkick Murphys and Elie Goulding; so I arrived in a maxi dress with a crop top, a waist-cinching belt and bright sandals. Let's not forget the backpack and arm party. I needed an outfit I could move in, so this seemed like my best, festival-appropriate outfit. Thanks to the backpack, I could use both hands to drink out of a coconut. 

Oh yes, a coconut. Just one of the many reasons I love being back in Florida.

Comments

Popular Posts