O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Nordstrom, J.Crew, T.J. Maxx, LF Stores, maxi dress, what i wore, ootd, miami blogger, Miami fashion blogger, blogger style

Nordstrom, J.Crew, T.J. Maxx, LF Stores, maxi dress, what i wore, ootd, miami blogger, Miami fashion blogger, blogger style

Nordstrom, J.Crew, T.J. Maxx, LF Stores, maxi dress, what i wore, ootd, miami blogger, Miami fashion blogger, blogger style

Nordstrom, J.Crew, T.J. Maxx, LF Stores, maxi dress, what i wore, ootd, miami blogger, Miami fashion blogger, blogger style

Dress: Nordstrom (similar). Shoes: BP via T.J. Maxx (similar). Bag: LF Stores (similar). 
Necklace: J.Crew (also love this one). Sunglasses: Nordstrom (similar).

I never really had anything that I'd interpret as a message from beyond the grave as I did when I was up in New York last month. My father any I were in Tarrytown, very close to the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery where my grandfather is buried, to go antiquing. Every antique shop was closed except for one. We walked into the shop and I started rifling through the jewelry, when I realized that I recognized the music playing in the background.

It was the soundtrack to "O Brother, Where Art Thou?". My grandfather had introduced me to it when I was very young, though I can't pinpoint the age. It feels like he'd always listened to it. The man new one song on the banjo, and he'd play it over and over until I rolled my eyes and asked if we could go get ice cream. He was a country music man, despite being an honest city boy his whole life.

Even during the year when I lived with my grandmother and him in New York, the year that he passed, I could hear the sad bluegrass tunes floating out of his office. It became the soundtrack of my memories with him.

As soon as I heard that music, I knew it was him. He was letting me know that he'd never really left New York, and that he'd never really leave. It was comforting to know that even after a year and a half, I could come back to my hometown and find my country music man waiting for me.

Comments

  1. What a gorgeous dress. The coloring is absolutely delicious. Love it. You look so pretty & happy.

    www.stylegonerogue.com (new post today)
    Instagram: koshercoco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's because my boyfriend was making funny faces behind the camera, haha! xoxo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts