Two Ways to Style: A Watercolor-Print Tank

outfit ideas, wear again, two ways to wear, Marshall's, LOFT, Forever 21, White House Black Market, Ray-Ban, Charming Charlie, fashion blog, style blog, style on a budget

Most of us don't have Kardashian or Blair Waldorf-sized closets, and even style stars like Olivia Palermo and Lauren Conrad wear pieces over again. Lauren talks in her book, "Style", about how she'd have to wear pieces over again  but make them look new when she was filming for "The Hills". She credits her wardrobe creativity to that necessity!

I don't think you should buy something with the intention of wearing it once (the exception being your wedding dress), and I'm sure you've already noticed that certain pieces will pop up a lot on my blog. I swear by Express's Portofino Shirt, and I have them in multiple colors so I can pair them with all of my other wardrobe staples.

I bought this purple watercolor-printed top fairly recently, and I thought it would be a great piece for the first in this "Two Ways to Style" series. It's super easy to dress up for work (see left) or to make casual for a Southern-style brunch date (see right). It's subtly frayed seams make it effortlessly translate from classic to cool. 

Outfit 1- Top: Marshall's and Forever 21. Skirt: LOFT. Shoes: White House Black Market. Bag: Kate Spade. Sunglasses: Ray-Ban.
Outfit 2- Top: Marshall's. Jeans: Levi's. Boots: Consigned. Necklace: Charming Charlie. Bracelets: Vintage. 
Bag: Kate Spade. Sunglasses: Ray-Ban.

Comments

  1. great outfit sweety, you look so beautiful ;9
    if you have want, come to visit my blog, kiss from Italy.
    url: http://honeyandcotton.org/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts