NaNoWriMo... Round 2!


As I write this I am attempting to mentally prepare for NaNoWriMo, the she-devil that leaves me exhausted all November long and then transforms into a shiny beautiful work of art, the first draft of a novel! The process leaves me in desperate and constant need of caffiene (hence the photograph) and sleep... and this is when I didn't have a job. 

This year not only do I have a full time day job, I also have a blog that I'm going to be maintaining while I write. So any free second I have is going to be taken up by writing furiously in order to knock out my word count. Oh, and did I mention the minimum is 50.000 words?

Last year was my first go-around, and what started out as a regular fiction quickly turned into an I-need-to-erase-my-beggining-because-I-chose-fantasy kind of a novel. Poor time management lead to being consistently behind on my word count, and on the last night I somehow managed to power through until the very end. However, this lead to unnecessary characters, plot twists that I didn't need and scenes that seemed more like I was imitating "The Lord of the Rings" than creating an original work of fiction.

This year I know better. So back into the mine of my mind I go, to dig up some fiction gold. Somehow, this year, I'm going to stick to the real world; and I'd like to surpass that 50k word count. 

If you have a work of fiction stuck in your brain, I highly recommend joining NaNoWriMo. You'll be so happy you did, and you may even be able to get it published (after tons of editing)! Let's be honest, this is going to be a super rough draft.

Hope to see you on the other side!

xo
Amanda

Comments

  1. Wow that sounds so very challenging. Good luck with it all I hope it all goes well for you :)

    http://www.farfelue.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It definitely has its good and bad days, but it's so worth it in the end.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts