Studying Up on Style: The Best Fashion Reads

fashion books, lauren conrad, aimee song, style books, book blogger, book blog, style blog, fashion blog, Miami fashion blogger, Miami style, New York style, New York blogger

Always a student of style, I find myself perusing the fashion books offered by B&N and Amazon more than I'm willing to admit. While I'd ideally like to change to eBooks, I just can't get enough of print. Call me old-fashioned. If you're looking to study-up on style, here are my favorite fashion reads:

1. Capture Your Style, by Aimee Song - More of a how-to Instagram guide than a fashion book, Capture Your Style was written by renowned fashion blogger and digital influencer Aimee Song. She reveals her tips and tricks on how to master the platform and get your feed looking amazing, and her guidance has helped me tremendously!

2. Nasty Galaxy, by Sophia Amoruso - More of an inspirational coffee table book than a novel or biography, Nasty Galaxy is like a visual brand guide to Nasty Gal, filled with personal favorites of Amoruso's and pop culture icons that influenced her aesthetic. Pretty much the coolest coffee table book you'll ever get, and it's an awesome conversational piece.

3. The Curated Closet: A Simple System for Discovering Your Personal Style and Building Your Brand, by Anuschka Rees - When I decided to start a capsule collection I didn't have very much guidance as to the pieces I'd need and how to determine what stays and what goes. The Curated Closet came around at just the right time, and it's been enormously helpful during each of my seasonal wardrobe cycles.

4. Style, by Lauren Conrad - Not only does Lauren help you clean out your closet and shop smarter, she also talks you through finding a tailor, shopping vintage and picking out your essential pieces (and her favorite places to find her essentials). Anyone who loves her style will love this book. It's a must-read for a Team LC freak like me.

5. Cupcakes and Cashmere, by Emily Schuman - One of the best things about this book is that it's not just about clothes. Just like her blog, Emily writes more about lifestyle through the seasons, including food, fashion and decor elements into each seasonal section (plus she gives some fantastic entertaining tips along the way). 

6. Berlin Street Style: A Guide to Urban Chic, by Angelika Taschen and Alexa Von Heyden - I've always been fascinated with how cities have overarching style themes, so this series of books immediately gripped me. I love the very urban and dark style that the Berlin people embrace. Cozy sweaters, booties and neutrals are an absolute must for any chic German city-dweller.

7. Brooklyn Street Style: A No-Rules Guide to Fashion, by Anya Sacharow and Shawn Dahl - I was already familiar with Brooklyn's offbeat style before reading this book, but I had to add to the collection and just SEEING the way these people dress inspires me every day. I love that this book is on my shelf to pull out whenever I need a little New York inspiration, lest I forget my roots. These are my people, my bad hombres and nasty women, and delving back into their style revitalizes me. If you love New York's eclectic style, you'll love this book.

Have any must-reads for me? I'd love to know what they are!

Comments

Popular Posts