The Adventure Begins

prep, classic, travel, vintage, Levi's, H&M, Vineyard Vines, Jessica Simpson, motorcycle boots, Nordstrom, statement necklace, polka dots, pastel, outfit ideas, Miami fashion blogger, street style

I was invited to the wedding of a very close friend of mine, which took place in Maine last weekend. Having the opportunity to travel gave me inspiration for blog posts, of course! Over the years I've become a wicked self-editor, and I've been able to pack a week's (sometimes two week's) worth of outfits, toiletries, etc., into a small carry-on bag. The challenge most people have with this is packing light while still being able to showcase their personal style.

prep, classic, travel, vintage, Levi's, H&M, Vineyard Vines, Jessica Simpson, motorcycle boots, Nordstrom, statement necklace, polka dots, pastel, outfit ideas, Miami fashion blogger, street style

prep, classic, travel, vintage, Levi's, H&M, Vineyard Vines, Jessica Simpson, motorcycle boots, Nordstrom, statement necklace, polka dots, pastel, outfit ideas, Miami fashion blogger, street style

prep, classic, travel, vintage, Levi's, H&M, Vineyard Vines, Jessica Simpson, motorcycle boots, Nordstrom, statement necklace, polka dots, pastel, outfit ideas, Miami fashion blogger, street style

Shirt: H&M (similar), Bag: Vineyard Vines, Scarf: Vintage, Jeans: Levi's, Boots: Jessica Simpson (similar), 
Necklace: Nordstrom (similar).

I've discovered that it comes down to packing the essentials, classic pieces that will be the foundation of your outfits, and then statement items to add your personality. I think that accessories are the best way to do this, so you avoid over-stuffing your bag. You will see the same tops, pants and jacket, all styled differently. The only outfits that aren't made of of these basics are the wedding looks, which I'll also be featuring.

These posts should take up most of the second-half of June, and I hope you get some inspiration from them! It's so much easier to travel when you know how to pack light.

Comments

  1. I agree. It's all about styling the outfit pieces differently. I'm always up for a good challenge :)
    Jessica
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually made the whole act of getting dressed more fun. It sparks that creativity. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is a truly stunning outfit!

    Sonya
    http://foreverornot.blogspot.com - blog about a Russian girl living in Oregon, USA with a passion for photography, traveling and exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scarf! I love scarves as the statement piece.

    Following you on Twitter and Facebook would love it if you could follow back :)

    www.footnotesandfinds.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently posted travel tips from a trip to Chicago! Would love to know your thoughts on some of my posts if you have time to stop by!

    xox,
    Angelina

    www.cablecarchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love your style, and your blog name is adorable. xo

      Delete
  5. beautiful! Please check out my blog hope you'll follow! www.loveolia.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts